We knew it was coming, the question was when would BRP release a new 600, specifically the Ski-Doo MXZ 600R E-TEC.
As enticing as the Gen4 chassis is, many riders simply wanted a 600. Since the existing 600 H.O. E-TEC didn’t fit the narrow chassis, it was just a waiting game. The ski dogs began panting when BRP introduced the 2018 race sled this fall, complete with a new E-TEC injected motor.
Rotax 600R E-TEC Engine
Ski-Doo is calling the 2018 Ski-Doo MXZ 600R E-TEC the most advanced 600cc engine in the industry. Following its big brother Rotax 850 engine’s lead with second generation E-TEC technology, the Rotax 600R E-TEC engine offers a 30% improvement in throttle response and a 5HP boost over the previous 600. The engine’s crisp acceleration sets a new 600cc class standard with 125 horsepower, while continuing to set the bar for reliability, and 2-stroke oil and fuel economy.
Borrow technology from the 850 E-TEC, the new 600 features a mono-block plasma coated cylinder design, triple stage eRAVE valves and second generation E-TEC technology.
- Mono-block cylinder design – maximum transfer port efficiency
- eRAVE with 3-position electronically controlled exhaust valve ( as per 850 E-TEC)
- Shorter intake tract (as per 850 E-TEC) – 35% closer
- Double reed valves (as per 850 E-TEC)
This new engine design also allows for mass centralization within its REV Gen4 platform, delivering the most precise handling 600cc snowmobile.
The Limited Edition Ski-Doo MXZ 600R E-TEC will be in dealer showrooms this month, retailing at $13,199
2018 MXZ 600R E-TEC Specs
- Rotax 600R E-TEC engine
- RAS 3 front suspension
- REV Gen4 platform
- pDriveTM clutch with clickers
- Forward Adjustable Riser
- Ergo-Step side panels
- Open toe-hold
- rMotion rear suspension with Quick Adjust system
- 15 x 129 x 1.25 in. Ice Ripper XT track
- KYB Pro 36 R aluminum piggyback front shocks with Easy-Adjust compression adjuster clickers
- KYB Pro 36 aluminum piggyback rear shock with Easy-Adjust compression adjusters clickers, HPG Plus center shock
- Transparent handguards
- Rack steering system
- Multifunction digital gauge with display
- Performance trail seat
- 478 lbs