The digital NH Snowmobile Trail Map is officially available in two interactive versions, the online website map and the mobile app.
NH Snowmobile Trail Map for iOS and Android
The mobile NH Snowmobile Trail Map App is available for Android at the Google Play Store and iOS at the Apple App Store. Simply open the app, select a starting point and destination, then go!
Online NH Snowmobile Trail Map
The interactive online version of NH Snowmobile Trail Map is completely free to use. Plan your trips, save itineraries for future adventures or share them with friends. You can even export/import the itineraries between the web and mobile app.
NH Snowmobile Map Features
- Pinpoint your exact location with mobile GPS or web location services
- Points of interest and services: fuel, parking, clubhouse, scenic vistas
- Geographic search as well as pan and zoom functionality
- Trail status: what’s available, what is not
- Easy location-sharing with friends with cell service
What are the online web map functions and how do they work?
I bought the app last season. Does it expire?
The app is valid for the season in which it is bought. Next season you can purchase the new version to access the up-to-date trail map. Club volunteers maintain the trails and map information, without them riding would be impossible. Show your support!
I bought the app on my Android device, but would also like to use it on my iPad (or vice-versa). Do I have to buy it again in order to do that?
We do not currently support cross-platform purchases. That means you can use the app on your Android phone and Android tablet at no additional cost since the purchase would be linked to your Google Account. The same is true with Apple iOS.
Mobile app Help and map functions.
Open the mobile app, click on the menu icon in the top left to access the Help section.
What mobile devices are compatible?
Updates should only be installed when a reliable online connection is available. Wi-Fi is best. Data interruptions during updates may prevent the app from functioning. If you receive an update notification, do so only if you have reliable Wi-Fi or a strong cellular connection. Otherwise dismiss updates and install later. Updating on the trail is a bad practice.
How do I turn on the GPS function on my iPhone to locate myself on the map?
- Open [Settings], swipe down and tap on [Privacy]
- At the top, tap [Location Services]
- Tap the toggle button next to [Location Services]
- Tap the NH Trails Map app and select [While Using The App]
How do I turn on the GPS function on my Android phone to locate myself on the map?
- Tap the [Settings] icon on your Android device
- Tap [Location] in the list of settings
- Make sure the Location switch near the top of the screen is set to [On] (This setting enables/disables the GPS for all apps
- If the switch is already On, toggle it to Off and then On again
Display services/amenities in the app (gas, parking, etc).
Services and points of interest are off by default. You can selectively turn them on through the Search icon at the top left.
My GPS location is incorrect on the map and/or is not precise enough.
The precision of the GPS functionality depends on a multitude of factors, including the quality of the GPS signal in a specific area and the strength of the GPS chip in your mobile device. For an optimal performance, the app should be used outdoors with a direct line of sight to the sky. It won’t work well inside a building and will be limited in a car. This is true for any GPS receiver.
Mounting a phone to your sled and managing battery life.