The online version of NH Snowmobile Trail Map is completely free to use. Plan your trips, save itineraries for future adventures or share them with friends.
Download NH Trail Map for iOS and Android
NH Sno-Traveler Snowmobile Trail Map App is available for Android at the Google Play Store and iOS at the Apple App Store.
Download the app, select a starting point and destination, then ride!
Made By Snowmobilers For Snowmobilers. In partnership with local clubs of the association and the NH Bureau of Trails, the NH Sno-Traveler map is the most up-to-date map of NH snowmobile trails.
New Hampshire Snowmobile Map App Features
- Cell Service Not Required for Navigation
- No cell service needed to pinpoint your exact location and load routes
- 7,000 miles of NH snowmobile club trails in the palm of your hand
- Select a starting and your favorite destination, then go!
- Plan trips in advance and save them for future adventures
- Easily modify destinations on the go, with drag and drop menu
- $4.99 per season for the mobile app
- Get the App Now! iOS or Android
Advertise on the Map
Direct snowmobilers to your businesses, get discovered, get on the map!
NH Snowmobile Trail Map FAQ
What are the online web map functions and how do they work?
Are paper maps available?
While the NHSA does not offer paper maps many clubs sell paper versions of their local trails. Check club websites for availability.
Mounting a phone to a snowmobile and managing battery life.
Read about mounting a phone or device to your sled and how to manage battery life.
I bought the app last season. Does it expire?
The app is valid for the season in which it is bought. Next season you can purchase the new version to access the up-to-date trail map. Club volunteers maintain the trails and map information, without them riding would be impossible. Show your support!
I bought the app on my Android device, but would also like to use it on my iPad (or vice-versa). Do I have to buy it again in order to do that?
Apple iOS and Android do not currently support cross-platform purchases. That means you can use the app on your Android phone and Android tablet at no additional cost since the purchase would be linked to your Google Account. The same is true with Apple iOS.
Mobile app Help and map functions.
Open the mobile app, click on the menu icon in the top left to access the Help section.
What mobile devices are compatible?
Updates should only be installed when a reliable online connection is available. Wi-Fi is best. Data interruptions during updates may prevent the app from functioning. If you receive an update notification, do so only if you have reliable Wi-Fi or a strong cellular connection. Otherwise dismiss updates and install later. Updating on the trail is a bad practice.
The blue dot (location icon) doesn’t stay centered on screen.
To follow your location, tap on the arrow pointing North-East at the bottom right. It will center the map on your location. Then, tap a second time to lock the map on your position. A compass icon will appear at the top right. The map will move as you snowmobile.
How do I turn on the GPS function on my iPhone to locate myself on the map?
- Open [Settings], swipe down and tap on [Privacy]
- At the top, tap [Location Services]
- Tap the toggle button next to [Location Services]
- Tap the NH Trails Map app and select [While Using The App]
How do I turn on the GPS function on my Android phone to locate myself on the map?
- Tap the [Settings] icon on your Android device
- Tap [Location] in the list of settings
- Make sure the Location switch near the top of the screen is set to [On] (This setting enables/disables the GPS for all apps
- If the switch is already On, toggle it to Off and then On again
Display services/amenities in the app (gas, parking, etc).
Services and points of interest are off by default. You can selectively turn them on through the Search icon at the top left. Business may purchase an ad on the map. The commission is sent to the clubs.
My GPS location is incorrect on the map and/or is not precise enough.
The precision of the GPS functionality depends on a multitude of factors, including the quality of the GPS signal in a specific area and the strength of the GPS chip in your mobile device. For an optimal performance, the app should be used outdoors with a direct line of sight to the sky. It won’t work well inside a building and will be limited in a car. This is true for any GPS receiver. Calibrate your phone compass for best performance iPhone or Android.